One of my New Year’s resolutions at Lynn Banks Marketing Consulting was starting my business blog. As all of us know who work for ourselves, promoting our own cause is the last thing we have time to do but the first thing we should do. So, in an effort to keep at least one of my resolutions alive I thought it would be fitting to compose my first topic about blogging goals for 2015.
Whatever success you achieved with your blog in 2014, one thing is certain…. you need to top it in 2015! And that means setting over the top goals for your blog right now moving forward.
If you are a new blogger, pick a simple target like getting 500 subscribers by the end of the year or tying your success to a financial goal by making your first $1,000 directly from your blog.
If you are a seasoned blogger, pick a goal like traffic, subscribers or pure profit and make it your goal to double this number by this time next year.
Now that I’ve convinced you to make blogging a priority in 2015 I guess I should also give you the reasons why blogging is a good business online marketing tool.
- Blogging has been around for over 20 years now so that makes it a very consistent marketing tool and one of the main reasons why having a business blog is important for today’s small business owner.
- This marketing tool leverages content that you produce and publish on your blog.
- It gives you the ability to share links from your website to capture pages that provide additional information regarding your products and services.
- Share the content from your blog to other platforms like social media which will help your website ranking and improve your online reputation. Remember, your blog is the perfect landing page for social media posts.
- Blogging can help you communicate your business information with your customers very quickly. A blog post can go from conception to completion within an hour.
- Blogging can highlight your products and services in a very unique way. The blog doesn’t have many restrictions so you can add images, customer reviews, videos and much more to differentiate your business from the competition.
- Highlight your industry and illustrate how you showcase your expertise in your industry and your business.
There are many benefits that can come from a business blog and after reading my first blog I hope you feel motivated to either start your own blog or re-energize your stagnant blog.
So let’s kick butt in 2015 with your business blog – the ultimate online marketing tool! Contact me if you need assistance!